Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!
Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!

x

Week 28-29 Game Rankings:
First place winners will earn an additional 100 Simoleons!
Guess The Word:
1. Crislee Souza
Caption Contest:
1. Crislee Souza
Crossword Puzzle:
1. Crisslee Souza

Updates
*Click Edit Profile and fill out the new Slots!
*As you can see we have a new layout! Do you like it?
*Make sure in your profile you check 'Yes' for HTML otherwise you wont beable to view announcements properly!

Total Post : 0 posts
Edit My Profile
Poll

Do you like the new layout?

50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_lcap65%50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_rcap 65% [ 13 ]
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_lcap5%50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_lcap20%50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_lcap10%50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Staff Listings
Administrators:
Game Center Annabelle Rhodes Custom Content Samantha Locke

Moderators:
Main Moderator AnnieOver Show Ring Mod. Bex Wall Open Slot The Sharing Corner Open Slot Open Slot
Latest topics
» Who are we?
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 pm by TokalaMustang

» The Person Below Me (TPBM)
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm by Samantha Locke

» Hi im new here
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm by G.Taylor

» New role play site in progress
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Good News Everyone!
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm by TokalaMustang

» Christmassy Goodies from Sam!
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:44 pm by Samantha Locke

» WRS Facebook Page
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Hello, Nice to meet you :)
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 am by Nicole Anderson

» Hello! I'm new here!
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm by Gulliver the cat!

» ~Silverdale Stud Scrapbook~
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm by Samantha Locke

» German Shepherd Puppies
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by Samantha Locke

» Shades Cattery Kittens to good homes
50 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by AnnieOver

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 160 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm
Like Us on Facebook!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Crislee Souza
Crislee Souza
Puppy Hoarder

http://www.GoldenMeadowsStables.weebly.com

The mares for my story are Rain's last foals Faranth and her half-sister Polantha the unicorn.

Faranth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Polantha (aka GMSS Forbidden Desires):

In my first attempt, I moved to quickly into the relationship between Vaughn and Chelsea and wasn't really satisfied with how the plot-line was working out.

In this one I’m slowing things down quite a bit and decided to reveal more about Chelsea and some of the things she’s gone through in her life till this point.

Jill and Skye will be making their debut appearances around the 5-6th chapters of the story.

Chelsea’s arch enemy Mark or should I say Mathias is also going to return in chapter 5.

All of Chelsea’s children from the first story are on my other computer so they will not be making an appearance.

Her recent group of Triplets will take the place of the others for now.

The children in the story right now are as follows;

Seiji Rae Summers
Adopted Age 13
LTW: The Zoologist(he loves small animals)
Job: None yet, will work at Bookstore once he ages into Teen.
Goal in life: To protect his mother and help her with her ranch

Celestica Dawn Saunders
Vaughn’s daughter
Half Alien Age 3 ½ Toddler

Here is the REWRITE of my story.

Without further ado:

Golden Meadows Stables was established in the early 1900s by Uriah Vendler LeFonte.

In his day Uriah, was a famous racehorse owner.

Some of his most famous horses included GMS Storm of the Moon and GMS Firecracker My Love. Storm of the Moon was an Appaloosa/Arabian cross with an impressive cross-country racing history. Firecracker, was the second grandson to Storm of the Moon.

Uriah LeFonte passed away in 1966, leaving the entire racing estate to his great grandson Darius Glennis LeFonte, who when he passed on left it to his niece Chelsea Anne Summers.

She is now the owner of Golden Meadows Serenity Stables Estate and hopes to keep the history of the ranch going.

When Chelsea inherited the ranch she also inherited 3 of her Uncle’s best racing and jumping horses. A large red-roan Paint stallion, a Gypsy Vanner filly and a NAWH colt... She is very excited at the prospect of the future offspring they will produce.

Chapter One: Fresh Start, New Home!

~Normal Point of View~

Chelsea arrived in the little town of Aurora Skies 5 days after her Uncles’ funeral. She, her adopted son Seiji, their dog Silver Knight and her mare Faranth, who was the last filly born to her childhood mare Quiet Rain stood outside their new home: Golden Meadows Ranch Estate.

~Chelsea’s Point of View~

I was awestruck, the property was HUGE. It was a little run down in areas, but with proper cleaning and sprucing up it was livable. The caretaker had abandoned the place some years ago and nature decided take over various parts of the house and garden. Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined living in such a grand place.
“Mom, is this our new house?” Seiji asked me hesitantly.

I smiled reassuringly at him.

“Yes, sweetheart; this is our new home. It’s called the Golden Meadows Ranch Estate. We will be living here from now on. Why don’t you and Silver go and explore the yard, I’ll get Faranth settled into her stall and then make lunch.”

Seiji’s face beamed. “Can you make mac’n’cheese?? Please?”

“Of course honey. I’ll call you when it’s ready.” I said as he ran off Silver hot on his heels.

I decided to take a look inside. The inside of the house was absolutely gorgeous. I had never seen such lavish furnishings. All the colors matched and it had such a serene peaceful feeling to it. Every room was so beautifully decorated.
Even the garage had a small living space above it; probably for the Ranch hands to live in.
Speaking of Ranch hands, I was going to have to hire some help if I was going to look after 4 horses, a dog, cat, chickens, a garden and my son. I had allot on my plate.

I settled Faranth into her new living area and stood by the pond, watching the fish jump for insects on the surface. It had been several years since I lost Rain to old age. I missed her so much.

Faranth sensing my distress, came and nudged my shoulder gently, whiffling her nose through my hair.

“At least she gave me you girl, I miss your mother so much but you my lovely mare are almost the spitting image of her.” I said leaning my head against hers and closing my eyes. I heaved a heavy sigh and wrapped my arms around her muzzle.
She nudged me playfully and I laughed hugging her around the neck. “It’s impossible to stay sad with you here girl. I’m glad you can cheer me up. It’s going to be very lonely around here for a while. But at least you have other horses to keep you company I hope that Seiji won’t be lonely.”
Faranth nickered and trotted away.

I headed for the barn.

I needed to introduce myself to the stallion and two foals that were on the property. I didn’t want them to ***** when I approached them later. They were so beautiful. They were in one of the paddocks adjacent to the barn.

They watched me nervously they didn’t know me so I walked up to them cautiously talking soothingly the whole time. I stood a few feet away from one of the horses; the stallion in charge of the small herd I had assumed and offered my hand for him to sniff. Faranth was calmly grazing next to him. She obviously wasn’t worried about me, so I knew I was safe.

The red roan stallion was drinking from one of the water troughs but he was watching me closely; testing my reaction. (Battle is created by Disneegrrl. He can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all credit is hers!)
The two foals just watched our interaction curiously. They didn’t seem too worried. In fact after watching us they went back to playing. They were so adorable. I wasn’t too sure on their breeds but I would know once they grew up.
(WBEC Roxie's Lil Star and CH*MS Moonshine are mine and can be found on my stable site.)
(PICTURES FOR THIS SECTION OF DIALOGUE IN THE WORKS)

“Be careful mom, he could hurt you.” I heard my son say from behind me.

“Don’t worry Seiji, I think we are going to be okay. This one is starting to trust me.” I replied never taking my eyes off the stallion in front of me.

The stallion tossed his head a little stopped drinking and came to sniff my hand gently. Then without warning he thrust his muzzle up to my face and his warm breath whiffed through my hair. I froze, unsure of what to do. Then he backed off and looked at me with what could be called amusement.

I smiled and wiped a bead of sweat off my brow. “Well that went better than I expected. We’re going to be good friends aren’t we fella?” I asked the horse as two foals came over to investigate.

“What are you going to name them mom?” Seiji asked.

I thought about it for a few minutes and then answered; “I’m going to call the stallion Prince, and the little male foal will be called Lancelot, and the filly I’m going to call Daydreamer. I think those names will suit our little herd very well don’t you think son?”

Seiji smiled.

”Good names mom. I like Prince best mom, he’s pretty. I want a horse of my own someday. Which one is your favorite?”

“I don’t really have a ‘favorite’ son, I love them all. With these horses our ranch is going to be the best around. I glanced at Seiji and he nodded smiling. “If you want a horse son, you can have the first foal that Faranth gives birth too. How does that sound?”

Seiji looked like he was going to cry. “REALLY?! I can have her first foal?”

I laughed and nodded.

“Thank you so much mom!! I’ll work really hard to earn it.” He replied hugging me tightly while gazing at Faranth and the stallion expectantly.

“Now it won’t happen right away. But when she’s pregnant I’ll tell you okay?” He nodded and ran to play on the toys in the yard.

I continued to gaze at the horses my Uncle had left me. They were so beautiful and so many colors. I was glad that Faranth would not be lonely.

But I couldn’t say the same for my son. Besides myself, the only friend he had was his dog; Silver Knight and our cat Lil Kororo. Silver was given to Seiji by a friend of mine and they were very close. Kororo was on the property when we moved in. We felt sorry for him so we adopted him.
(Pictures of Kororo coming soon.)
Silver was very protective of Seiji and took it upon himself to protect both the house and him while I was working.
I couldn’t afford a babysitter and Seiji was old enough to take care of himself.

‘I hope everything will work out here on the Ranch. I don’t want this to end badly like it has in the past…’I thought sadly to myself.

I was brought out of my musings by Seiji’s yelling.

I spun around quickly to see my son arguing with one of our neighbors, an eccentric old man by the name of Buster Caldwell. He meant well but he kinda gave me the creeps.

“I SAW YOU OLD MAN!! YOU BETTER QUIT STARING AT MY MOTHER!” Seiji roared balling his hands into fists.
“You can’t tell me what to do kid, I’m an adult. I can look at whomever I like.” Buster said snidely which only caused my son to get angrier.
“I don’t care what you think old man, I wont let you anywhere near her. You don’t deserve someone as special as my mom!”
I was very shocked. Seiji was not known to get angry. In fact, he’s quite the opposite.

Seiji is a very kind hearted boy with a love for animals, books, music and the arts. He loves to read and play with his dog. He spends his free time catching insects, looking for small animals and birds to keep as pets and picking wildflowers. He is reserved; he doesn’t get into fights and prefers solitude.
So for him to get angry took me by surprise.
“Listen here kid, you can’t dictate your mothers life or who she can or cannot go out with. She’s a grown woman and in case you hadn’t noticed QUITE capable of making her own decisions. So you should just back out.”
I could tell Seiji was furious. At that moment I intervened, only because what he said hit a nerve with me.

‘Who did this ******* think he was telling my son to not be there for me.’

“I’ve heard enough from both of you. Seiji honey, will you go and clean Billina’s cage, it’s looking bad, I’ll take it from here.” Seiji nodded and went to do as I had asked him to do, but not before giving Buster one more hard glare.
I watched him walk off then jumped on Buster’s *** for what he said.
“Who the hell do you think you are? Seiji has looked out for me ever since I adopted him. If he thinks that you are no good for me then I trust his judgement.
You have no right showing up on my Ranch and telling my son what he can and cannot do. I am not a mean person, Buster so I will let you stay for dinner but after that I want you to leave. And during the meal you had better be nice to Seiji. No arguing at my table.” Buster agreed and I headed inside to make dinner.
As he promised, Buster was civil at my table as was Seiji. I could still see their glares but they didn’t act on them.
In fact it was a very quiet dinner with the exception of mild conversation brought up by Seiji.
“Mom, do you want me to take out the trash before I go to bed?”
I smiled gently in his direction.
“That would be very helpful sweetie, thank you for offering.” He grinned and nodded. Buster simply rolled his eyes and kept eating.
After the meal, Buster kept his word and left. Seiji had taken out the trash just as he said he would and I got ready to read him to sleep.
“MOM!! MOM! THERE’S A STRANGE HORSE IN THE YARD!!” I heard him yell from outside. I rushed out to see if he was okay and stopped next to the garage in utter shock. There drinking out of our pond, was a Unicorn. Another Unicorn. This was the second time I’ve had one grace my Ranch with their prescence. This one was a handsome silvery-blue roan color. He was simply exquisite.
“Mom, what kind of horse is that?” Seiji whispered fearfully.
“That’s a Unicorn honey, they bring good luck. Unicorns are very rare, and only appear to those who they deem trustworthy. He’s breathtaking. He’s the third Unicorn I’ve seen in my life sweetie. When I was young, I saw one I named Moon Dancer. He bred with my mare Rain, Faranth’s mother, and she gave birth to a Unicorn filly I named Polantha.”
“What happened to them?” Seiji asked entranced by my story.
“Well, Moon Dancer was wild so he eventually went back home, Polantha stayed with us for several years. Then she went back to the wild as well. I miss her very much. I’m glad that this Gallant Stallion decided to grace us with his splendor. In fact I think that’s what I’ll call him, Gallant Stallion. A perfect name for such a magnificent creature. I continue to hope that I’ll see Polantha again someday but I know its not possible. I lived in Riverview when she left.” I said sadly as I finished the story.
“Mom, Gallant is looking at you. I think he heard every word of your story.” Seiji said eagerly. “Maybe Unicorns can grant wishes; like a Genie.”
I giggled softly.
“You may be right sweetlet, you may be right. Well, its your bedtime. You have your first day of school tomorrow and I’ve got to go to work. Good bye, Gallant Stallion, I thank you for visiting my Ranch and staying to hear my story. If somewhere out there in the world, you see a Red Roan Unicorn mare named Polantha, please tell her that her family still loves her and misses her.”
I said bowing low to the Unicorn who seemed to nod in my direction then he vanished in a flash of light.
“Where’d he go mom?” Seiji asked sadly.
“He went back home dearling,” I replied.
“Will he come back?”
“He may. I think he liked us so he may come back someday.” I said wistfully.
“Will you read me to sleep mom?” Seiji asked mid-yawn.
“Of course honey, I’ll pick a book and you get in bed.”
I grabbed one of his favorite books, ‘Unicorns For Audrey’ and as he crawled into bed started the story. About halfway through, I could see him nodding off, then eventually he fell into a peaceful sleep.
“Good night love, I hope dreamland will be sweet to you. See you in the morning.” I kissed his cheek tenderly turned out the light and went to my own room.
I crawled into my own bed and before going to sleep mulled over the days events in my mind.
‘I know Seiji is happy but eventually he will want to know why he doesn’t have a dad around. Or why he’s my only child…I don’t know if I can tell him just yet. Maybe I’ll surprise him and adopt a child from here. A little girl. Then he’ll have someone to keep him company while I’m at work.’
That was my fading thought as I drifted off to sleep. I dreamed of all the money my ranch would make off of its wonderful horses and my future prospering garden. My cat Kororo joined me in bed later on keeping me company for the night.
Seiji awoke refreshed early the next morning. He was enthusiastic for his first day of school. He made his bed, showered, ate breakfast and brushed his teeth. I heard him tiptoe into my room and put something on my dresser. Then he came near the bed.
“Have a good day Mom, I’m off to school. I hope you enjoy your day at work. I love you. See you later.” He whispered as he softly kissed my forehead.
Then he quietly left the room, shutting the door behind him. He then dashed out the door and got on the bus heading for his first day at Appaloosa Plains Elementary.
I gave a loving smile and fell into a deeper sleep. He was such a caring, and kind-hearted boy. I hoped I was making him happy. I awoke several hours later. I noticed a note on my dresser with a beautiful Sweet Williams flower in a purple vase sitting next to it. I smiled and read the letter.
‘Mom,
I found this flower next to the pond, there are a lot of them, I think that the Unicorn made them appear for you. I hope you have a good day at work. I’ll look after the house with Silver while your gone. See you later,
Love you mom,
Seiji.’

I put his letter in my top drawer and gazed at the flower. It was very pretty. I could expect to see more of them in the house. I got ready for work. I quickly spread hay for the horses and set a bucket of apples near the pond just incase Gallant Stallion decided to return. Then I heard my ride. I patted Silver on the head and told him to guard the house while I was gone. He barked and Kororo our cat, meowed in response. I laughed and headed to work.
Silver took up his spot on the bench near the gate and stayed there most of the day.
Seiji arrived home several hours before I did. He made sure that Silver and Kororo had food in their dishes and spread some hay for the horses and fed his chickens. He got a surprise when he approached the chicken coop. His hard work had paid off he had chicks! Six adorable little yellow balls of fluff.
He was so happy. I knew he loved his animals. He had gone out everyday to tend to his chickens and make sure they were happy.
I didn’t mind him having so many pets. As long as he fed and took care of them he could have as many as he liked. Those were my only conditions for him to follow.
Seiji finished his homework early and sat outside on our deck with Silver.
“Ya know boy, mom was saying that she needed a Ranch man or something like that to help her around here. Maybe there’s one in the paper looking for work.” Seiji said to Silver who cocked his head in response to what his young master was saying.
Seiji scoured the paper for several minutes looking through all the ads until he finally found what he was looking for a work wanted ad.

‘WORK NEEDED! I AM A HARDWORKING, DEPENDABLE HANDY MAN. I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES AND FARM WORK. I WOULD PREFER A LIVE-IN SITUATION. THE PERSON WHO HIRES ME WON’T EVEN KNOW I’M AROUND! I’M QUIET AND KEEP TO MYSELF. I PROMISE I WONT BE A BURDEN. IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HIRING ME PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ME!’

Seiji knew he had found the solution to his mom’s problem.

“I found the help mom needs boy!” Seiji said to his dog who was laying nearby keeping  watch both on the property and his young master.

Now all he had to do was give the man a call and hire him. He hoped his mom wouldn’t mind that he acted on his own accord. He wanted to help her and make her happy.
He took a risk and called the number in the ad.

‘Hello?’ a man’s deep  voice answered.
“H-hello. My name is Seiji Summers and I’m calling on behalf of someone who is looking to hire a Ranch man. I saw your ad and think that you would be a good fit for our ranch. Would you be interested?”

At first the line was quiet and Seiji started to worry. Then the man spoke again.
‘Yes sir, I would be very interested. Will all the conditions in my ad be met?’

“Yes. We have a spare room above our garage that will suit your needs perfectly.” Seiji answered quickly.

‘Perfect. When can I arrive?’ the man said with eagerness in his voice.

‘Would this evening be all right?” Seiji asked hesitantly.

‘That’ll be great.And before I forget, I have a dog and really don’t wanna have ta get rid of her, can I bring her along with me?’ the man asked.

“Yes. Its perfectly fine. My mo-uh the person I live with has a dog she’ll fit right in. You don’t mind cats do you? We own one.” Seiji said quickly covering his almost mistake.

‘I’m good with all animals sir, I get along better with them  than I do people. Uhh, what I mean is I’m kind of shy. Is that gonna be a problem for you and your friend?’the man asked hurriedly.

Seiji smirked. This man kinda sounded like himself in many ways he had a feeling he was going to like this man allot. “Not one bit. I’m a little shy myself. If you are ready you can come over by 5:00 pm. My ‘friend’ will have dinner ready. Oh, what’s your name?”

‘The name’s Vaughn, sir. Vaughn Saunders. I thank you for hiring me sir, you won’t be disappointed. I’ll work very hard for you and your friend. Give me your address and I’ll see you at five. I’ll be driving a red truck..’ Vaughn said.

“Well Mr. Vaughn I look forward to meeting you and seeing what you can do for us. Our address is 898 Lakefront Drive. (Address is just made up >.<). Hope to see you soon. “ Seiji said giving Vaughn directions.

‘898 Lakefront Drive. Got it. I’ll be there shortly. Thank you kindly for the job Mr. Summers. I’ll work hard for you. See you soon. Goodbye.’ And with that Vaughn hung up.

Seiji hung up his phone. He couldn’t believe what he had just done.  Now he just hoped his mother wouldn’t be angry with him and turn Vaughn away, after all Seiji said that all his needs would be provided for. This would be a very interesting evening.

End Chapter One.

250 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Empty Chapter Two! Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 am

Crislee Souza
Crislee Souza
Puppy Hoarder

Chapter Two: : Chelsea’s Big Surprise!

RECAP: Seiji hung up his phone. He couldn’t believe what he had just done.  Now he just hoped his mother wouldn’t be angry with him and turn Vaughn away, after all Seiji said that all his needs would be provided for. This would be a very interesting evening.

Seiji paced back and forth nervously; anxiously awaiting both his mothers’ and Vaughn’s arrivals. His mother would be home after Vaughn got here and that’s when all the fun would begin. As the hours passed Seiji grew more and more edgy. He not only worried about his mom’s reaction to Vaughn but Vaughn’s reaction to him. He knew that Vaughn thought he had been speaking to an adult so he was afraid of what Vaughn would think when he met him in person and realized he was just a child. Hopefully Vaughn wouldn’t judge him and reject his offer.

He’d know in just another ½  hour.
After the ½ hour had passed; Seiji heard Silver barking at the gate.
Vaughn had arrived.

Seiji quickly put on his winter coat, hat and gloves and rushed outside. Vaughn was just closing the gate as he got outside. Seiji stood shocked. ‘Wow. This guy pulls off the cowboy look very well.’ Vaughn was dressed in a black, red and white Western style shirt, black pants and cowboy hat.
“Are you Vaughn?” Seiji asked hesitantly.

“Yes I am kiddo. Who are you? Are your parents home?” Vaughn said gazing down at him.

“Hi. My name is Seiji. And no my mom’s not home yet. She is still at work.” Seiji replied looking up at him.

Vaughn stood in shock.

“Wait, YOUR Seiji Summers? It was you that called and hired me?” Vaughn said looking at him sharply.

Seiji looked down slightly nervous

“Yes sir, I’m the one who called you and hired you. I did it without my mom’s knowledge. Please! Please don’t leave! I hired you for her sake. She does all the work around here. She takes care of me, our horses and pets, plus she does all the house work and cooks and cleans. I am just looking out for her. She comes home exhausted every night, I’m worried about her!!” Seiji cried as he begged with Vaughn.
Vaughn smiled.

“Calm down son, I’m not leaving. It doesn’t matter to me that you are a child. You hired me so I’m here to stay. I think its very admirable that you did this for your mother. Don’t worry, I’ll do 90% of the work and she wont be so tired anymore. I’ll take care of her horses and pets while she does her work and garden. You can help me too sport, sound good?”

Seiji couldn’t believe his luck. “That sounds great Mr. Vaughn, thank you so much. I like your outfit too Mr. Vaughn. It suits you. Can you start tomorrow?”

Vaughn laughed.

“No more of this ‘Mr.’ stuff okay kiddo? Just call me Vaughn and thanks for the compliment. And I can start tonight if that’s okay. I can see the horses are hungry so after I get settled in, I’ll tend to them and then meet your mom.”

Seiji beamed happily. Then his mom came home at that moment.

“Seiji, Silver I’m home!” I said closing the gate to my yard.

Good timing.

“Welcome home mom! Looks like she’s home early. I’m counting on you Vaughn.” Seiji replied as he greeted his mother.

Vaughn smiled and nodded.

“You can count on me kiddo.” He said giving Seiji a salute.

I noticed my son talking with a stranger dressed as a cowboy and walked over to investigate. “Hello honey, who’s your friend?”

“Mom, this is—“ Seiji began but Vaughn interuppted him.

“The name’s Vaughn ma’am. Vaughn Saunders. Your son surprised me this afternoon. He called on my ad in the paper and has hired me as your Ranch hand. He promised that I would have room and board. I am an experienced handy man with extensive knowledge of the inner workings of a farm. I hope you’ll consider letting me stay.” Vaughn said introducing himself to me.

“Wait, you say that my son hired you?”

Vaughn and Seiji nodded.

“I don’t know what to say. I’m shocked but yes of course you can stay. Seiji must have overheard me saying I needed help around here. My name is Chelsea Summers.”
I replied giving my son a warm hearted smile.

Seiji smiled back then yawned.

“Looks like your sleepy son, why doncha go to bed and I’ll  get acquianted with your mom.” Vaughn replied gently.

Seiji nodded hugged me good night, said good night to Vaughn then headed inside.
I decided to talk a little while longer with Vaughn even though it was freezing cold outside.

“Is there anything you wanna know about me ma’am?” Vaughn asked harshly.

I was speechless. Where did the ‘kind’ Vaughn go? He’s been replaced by this ‘brusque and stony’ person.

“Is something wrong Vaughn? Why the cold shoulder all of a sudden? You were kind when Seiji was here. Have I offended you somehow?” I asked slightly hurt and insulted.

Vaughn pulled his hat down tighter on his head and looked me straight in the  eyes.

“You haven’t done anything wrong ma’am, I’m just a bit shy is all. I like kids. I don’t wanna appear mean or cold in front of the boy. I have a hard time relating to new people and situations. Forgive my attitude, ma’am.”

I sighed in relief. “That’s good. I undertand Vaughn. And please no more ‘ma’am’ its just Chelsea. Where do you come from?”

“Okay..ma—uh..Chelsea. I come from Riverview, but I guess you could say I’m living a drifters life. I don’t really stay in one place to long. No one ever really gets to know me well enough for me to consider staying.” Vaughn replied as he told me of his story.

I felt sorry for him. I would do my best to show him that he’s welcome here for as long as he wants to be. I also noticed that his eyes were a brilliant Amethyst purple color and his hair was moonlight silver.

I found him very attractive and mysterious
“Well ma’—uh Chelsea, its late. I’m assuming you have work in the morning and I need to get some sleep. We’ll pick up where we left off tomorrow.”

I nodded suddenly feeling very worn-out.

“Your room is above the garage. There is a small kitchen and bathroom there too. The Rec room is below feel free to make yourself at home both in there and my house. You are more than welcome Vaughn.” I replied while watching his reaction.

He gave a small smile and nodded. “Thank you Chelsea. I will prove myself to you and work hard for you.”
And with that he headed to the garage.
He looked back at me one more time then went inside.
I headed inside and went to my room retiring for the night.
Tomorrow would be a long day.

The next morning, Vaughn and Seiji were up bright and early. Seiji ended up taking longer than normal getting ready for school and missed his bus  which got him a sound scolding from Vaughn. Seiji begged for forgiveness from Vaughn promising to be on time, Vaughn couldn’t stay mad at him and said it was okay.
After Seiji headed off to school Vaughn decided to get aquainted with my horses. The first horse he met was Prince.

“Hey there fella, easy boy its okay.” Vaughn said soothingly as he let Prince sniff him.

As soon as it looked like Prince trusted him, Vaughn brushed out his coat and cleaned his hooves. He repeated the process with all the other horses eventually ending with Faranth.  Faranth had a little bit of a harder time trusting Vaughn but in the end she too had her coat brushed until it shone  and her hooves cleaned.

Vaughn then spread hay for the horses, filled the water troughs, filled Silver and Kororo’s food bowls and cleaned and fed all of Seiji’s pets and his chickens. He even played with the chicks a little bit. Vaughn was already proving himself to be an extremely valuable asset to the GMSS Estate. At some point he even ended up getting into a fight with our rooster. Over what I don’t know but I had to admit it was very funny. Since he ended up winning the argument.

When Seiji got home from school, Vaughn helped him with his homework and made him lunch.

They sat at the dining table and talked quietly. I think our family is going to be just fine now that Vaughn is here.

During their dinner Seiji brought up a very unexpected and sensitive subject.

“Hey Vaughn? Can I ask you something?” Seiji asked.

“Sure kiddo. Go ahead.” Vaughn replied.

“Um, I know you haven’t been here long and really don’t know us very well but do you like my mom?” Seiji asked hesitantly.

Suddenly Vaughn didn’t like the direction of this question.

“Define ‘like’ Seiji. Your mom is a very admirable person. Sure I like her. She’s a hard worker and she’s also my boss.” Vaughn replied choosing his words carefully.

“U-umm maybe like was to broad. I’ll rephrase my question. Do you think you could love my mom?”Seiji said as he rephrased it.

Vaughn looked at him like a deer in the headlights. “Love her? I-I don’t see why not. But what brought this up kid? Isn’t your mom married?”

Seiji shook his head sadly.

“No. My mom isn’t married she never has been. She adopted me when I was a baby. From what I have learned over the last few years she has been running from some person named Mathias. I don’t know what happened between them or why she’s running but I do know this; she is terrified of that man. Always has been. We’ve moved 4 times in my life and each time it was because he had found us.”

“I’m bringing this up Vaughn because I don’t want my mom to have to run away again if he finds us.” Seiji said poking at the food on his plate sadly.

“I like it here.” He said so softly that Vaughn almost didn’t hear him.

Vaughn sat quietly and mulled over what he had learned about Seiji and more importantly Chelsea. He never knew she had a past like that.

“Seiji do youknow what this Mathias looks like?” Vaughn asked making mental notes.

“A little. Mom said that he had blonde hair and green eyes but since she last saw him he has dyed his hair red. She said that he wears torn up clothes and looks creepy. That’s all I know, sorry Vaughn.”

“No that’s good son, I’ll know who to look out for now. You did good. Its almost bed time so better get ready.” Vaughn said patting him on the shoulder.

Seiji nodded and went upstairs.

Vaughn continued to sit and think about his conversation with Seiji regarding Chelsea’s past. He would do his best to make sure that she didn’t have to run away again. This ‘Mathias’ wouldn’t get anywhere near her, he’d see to that. No one messes with his boss. Especially since his boss was a woman.
END CHAPTER TWO!

Last edited by Crislee Souza on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

350 Foals Challenge~The Summers&Saunders Legacy Challenge  Empty Chapter Three Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 am

Crislee Souza
Crislee Souza
Puppy Hoarder

CHAPTER THREE: Confessions and Attractions

~Normal Point of View~
After an interesting conversation with Seiji; Vaughn decided he needed to hear more of the details from Chelsea concerning this ‘Mathias’ person. He sat in the living room and waited for her to get home from work. He needed as much information as she could give him. He heard the gate open outside and Silver start barking. Chelsea was home. Now it was all or nothing.

~Chelsea's Point of View~

He met me on the porch. “Chelsea, can I talk to you about something that Seiji said to me?” I looked at Vaughn cautiously.

“Sure Vaughn what is it?” I asked.

“Who is Mathias?” he asked me.

I looked at him in udder bewilderment and horror.

Seiji had told Vaughn about [b style="mso-bidi-font-weight"]THAT?![/b]

‘Oh no. This could not be happening to me. I didn’t want to go through this. I had just spent the last 8 years trying to FORGET!!’ I thought helplessly to myself.

At first I didn’t know how to respond, my heart froze in my chest at the sound of that name.

“Vaughn, please don’t ask me that.” I replied looking away. “I’m too afraid to answer that.”

I tried walking way but Vaughn stopped me.

“Chelsea, wait, please. Please don’t be afraid anymore. I’ll protect you, Seiji, and the animals. I swear that bastard won’t step foot on your property.  You have my word. Tell me who he is and what happened to make you so scared of him.” He turned me to face him.

I glanced at him and eventually gave in.

“Okay, but don’t say a word of this to Seiji I’m begging you. I don’t want him to know.”

Vaughn nodded and gave his promise he wouldn’t talk about it to my son.

“It all started when I was in River view several years back. I was just starting out as a horse owner and had moved onto a older run down ranch. For the first year everything went smoothly. I was making money and selling beautiful horses.

Then one day a man by the name of Mark Anders came into the picture.  He had blonde hair,  green eyes and an attitude that meant trouble.

He told me that a woman shouldn’t be running a ranch all by herself and that I needed help. He told me to hire him as a Ranch hand.

I refused his offer to be my Ranch hand and told him to leave.

He did; only to come back 3 nights later…”

I had to stop there it was just getting to be painful to remember.

“Its okay, you can continue, I’m here.” Vaughn said quietly.

I nodded somberly.

“He was drunk the night that he returned to my ranch.  He was so furious  and angry  with me; he frightened me badly.

We got into a serious altercation of which I didn’t fair so great. He was calling me degrading names and saying I was stupid and selfish. He slapped me several times and pushed me.
I tried to reason with him but that failed miserably.

One thing led to another and he finally ended up attacking and badly hurting me
I ended up running from the house and into my barn after he assaulted me. He followed me and assaulted me several more times. After that it all went black.

The last thing I remember from that night is waking up on the floor of my barn, and him running out the door in a panic. I think you can guess what happened there; Vaughn.” I replied tears threatening to spill.

I didn’t have to look up to see Vaughn’s reaction. His shaking fists were tell-tale enough. I decided to continue my story, may as well.

“After Mark did those things, I sold my horses and ranch to my sister and moved to the town of Hidden Springs in the hopes of starting a new life. It was there that I adopted Seiji. His mother was very young and inexperienced she didn’t want to send him to an orphanage so she gave him to me. He was just a few weeks old then.

All was going well. I had a job, a small apartment and Seiji was growing up strong. A friend of mine had given me a dog for Seiji to have as his own. I named the dog Silver Knight. I wanted the dog to be the friend I couldn’t be to my son.

My happiness and peace was short lived however. I learned that Mark had changed his name to Mathias Lennox and changed his appearance too. Several weeks later, he found me at my apartment and accosted me again. Two days later, I quit my job, took my son and dog  and fled. We finally ended up here. I learned about this ranch and inherited it.

Ever since that day he’s been stalking Seiji and I wherever we go. I want Seiji to have a normal happy childhood where he has no cares in the world ecxcept those that make him happy. I finally have a ranch and horses again.
       I—I don’t want to have to run anymore, Vaughn. Seiji is finally happy. He’s making friends, going to a good school. I’ve got my dream job as a cook. Now I’ve got you. I don’t want all of this to end.” I said as Vaughn hugged me.

“You don’t have to run anymore, Chelsea. I promise I’ll be here everything will be fine. I'll protect you and be by your side even if you don't know me that well. No one will ever hurt you again! Please trust me." Vaughn said hugging me tighter to him.

I couldn’t hold it in anymore and sobbed on his chest. All of the hurt, sorrow, shame, fear and anxiety came out at once.

“I’m sorry Vaughn. I don’t know whats come over me.” I mumbled into his shirt as another sob wracked my tiny frame.

“I do.” He replied. “You’ve kept your emotions bottled up for so long. You didn’t have anyone to talk too. And now that you’ve finally talked about it, your emotional wall has crumbled. Its okay Chelsea. Your going to be safe.” He said rubbing my back soothingly.

We barely know each other. He’s only been here a few days yet it seems like he’s been here all along.

I think everything will work out now.

“I trust you Vaughn.” I murmured quietly. I felt him nod.

“Will you come and sit with me until I calm down?” I asked.

“Of course, I will stay with you for as long as you need me too.” He replied as I sat down on the porch. He sat down next to me.

He put his hand over mine and we sat in a comfortable silence.

“Chelsea, are you going to be okay?” he asked.

I glanced at him and smiled.

“Yes Vaughn I will be. I’m a very strong willed woman. It’ll take allot more than this to break me. Plus I have you here now. I’ll be just fine from now on.”

He accepted my answer and we continued to sit in silence comfortable in each other’s presence.

I think Vaughn found his forever place too.

Later that night, we grew cold and tired. Vaughn got up first then helped me up. “Sweet dreams, Chelsea. Get some rest.” And before I could even react, he gave me a quick hard peck on the lips catching me by surprise.

“Goodnight.” He said as he walked hastily away before I could say anything in response.

I smiled a small smile and sighed. We were content. And I’d be stupid if I didn’t say I was gaining a small attraction to that silver-haired cowboy. It’s a crush but who knows maybe it’ll develop into something more someday.

I went inside the house , upstairs and crawled into bed, happy for the first time in a long time.

What we both didn’t know is that Seiji had seen and overheard EVERYTHING we talked about.

Seiji was beyond furious. He swore he is going to pay Mathias back somehow for all the pain and suffering  that I had endured up to this point.

And he was ecstatic that things were going very well between Vaughn and I. He saw Vaughn kiss me.  Seiji had become very attached to Vaughn and didn’t want him to leave.

~Normal Point of View~

In the early morning ; a shining figure was seen galloping through the streets of Appaloosa Plains.

His destination unbeknown but only to him.
He ran and ran until finally his destination was clear.

Golden Meadows Serenity Stables Estate. 

The shining figure was Gallant Stallion.

The unicorn walked through the gates of the large estate silently. Walked over to the pond and fell fast asleep.

Gallant had found a home with this rancher whom he liked very much.

He hadn’t arrived alone.

Chelsea would have a surprise in the morning.

END OF CHAPTER THREE!

Last edited by Crislee Souza on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Made minor corrections)

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

http://springridgeacres.weebly.com

Im going to read this story after I finish your lot (:

Crislee Souza
Crislee Souza
Puppy Hoarder

Embarrassed Strawber YAY!! A comment and reader! I really hope you like it. If there's something I need to change tell me right away. I've been working hard on the storyline and so far I'm really pleased with the outcome so far. Next three chapters are going to be fun.

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

Crislee Souza wrote:Embarrassed Strawber YAY!! A comment and reader! I really hope you like it. If there's something I need to change tell me right away. I've been working hard on the storyline and so far I'm really pleased with the outcome so far. Next three chapters are going to be fun.
The only suggestion I would have thus far, (I only read the last post you did), is stick to one Writing Tense. In the last post you did, you moved from third person to first person. You should either always be in third person or only in First person. Third person enables you to write from every characters Point of View, First Person limits you to only one person. So if you are in first person you wouldn't be able to write about other people in the story unless you were there, you know? I mean you can do it however you want. If you prefer writing in first person you can do that, I do that in the story I am writing personally, But when I switch Views, which isn't very often, I put in bold above it saying NAMES POV - this will give readers an insight to that character. BUT you cannot write about what someone else is doing if you are not there... Does that make sense? But like I said you can keep doing it how you want, I will like your story either way lol

Crislee Souza
Crislee Souza
Puppy Hoarder

Did I make it too hard to understand? Sad Strawberry  I'll go through it and label it the best I can. Sorry if the storyline is confusing to all of you. I'm doing my best. Confused Strawberry

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

I haven't read it yet, I'm just saying how writing should be, like in books writers don't switch from first to third, you know? I'll read it some tonight and let you know if its confusing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum