Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!
Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!

x

Week 28-29 Game Rankings:
First place winners will earn an additional 100 Simoleons!
Guess The Word:
1. Crislee Souza
Caption Contest:
1. Crislee Souza
Crossword Puzzle:
1. Crisslee Souza

Updates
*Click Edit Profile and fill out the new Slots!
*As you can see we have a new layout! Do you like it?
*Make sure in your profile you check 'Yes' for HTML otherwise you wont beable to view announcements properly!

Total Post : 0 posts
Edit My Profile
Poll

Do you like the new layout?

Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_lcap65%Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_rcap 65% [ 13 ]
Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_lcap5%Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_lcap20%Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_lcap10%Dream Catcher's Journey  Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Staff Listings
Administrators:
Game Center Annabelle Rhodes Custom Content Samantha Locke

Moderators:
Main Moderator AnnieOver Show Ring Mod. Bex Wall Open Slot The Sharing Corner Open Slot Open Slot
Latest topics
» Who are we?
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 pm by TokalaMustang

» The Person Below Me (TPBM)
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm by Samantha Locke

» Hi im new here
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm by G.Taylor

» New role play site in progress
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Good News Everyone!
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm by TokalaMustang

» Christmassy Goodies from Sam!
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:44 pm by Samantha Locke

» WRS Facebook Page
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Hello, Nice to meet you :)
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 am by Nicole Anderson

» Hello! I'm new here!
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm by Gulliver the cat!

» ~Silverdale Stud Scrapbook~
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm by Samantha Locke

» German Shepherd Puppies
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by Samantha Locke

» Shades Cattery Kittens to good homes
Dream Catcher's Journey  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by AnnieOver

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 160 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm
Like Us on Facebook!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Dream Catcher's Journey Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang
Too Many Puppies To Count!

http://northernaurorakennels.weebly.com

Dream Catcher was an American Indian Horse born as the second of twin foals. Almost immediately her mother rejected her in favor of her sister Digit. In the wild Dream Catcher would have died but luckily she was rescued by one of the sanctuary's teen residents. Shikoba refused to let Dream Catcher die.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dream Catcher was bullied by her sister and often had to be separated. She was too weak to fight back. She wanted to be able to run, to play and to live like the other horses in the sanctuary. Whenever she could she tried to play with some of the other horses. Even they did not accept her.

Her only friend was Shikoba who worked hard to help her. Shikoba fed her, trained her and played with her every chance she got.

Everyone on the ranch began to wonder what they would do with Dream Catcher. She couldn't be released to the herd in the valley and she certainly wouldn't be able to stay there with the money trouble they were already having. Shikoba would never allow her foal to be sold. Such a dilemma. Never the less Dream Catcher began to gallop like the other foals. She was still behind in development but she was catching up.

Time passed quickly. Dream Catcher was growing fast but she was still behind her sister. She was still weaker than those she longed to run with. Shikoba was doing whatever she could to help her horse but school soon began again and for several hours a day she had to leave Dream Catcher in the hands of the other residents of the ranch. Everyday the foal would wait at the gate for her friend to return home.

Seasons began to change and winter soon came. Dream Catcher watched the adults training for the races but was never able to join herself. Months passed and suddenly snow began to fall. What was this strange substance? Dream Catcher had never seen it before but she was loving it to say the least.

More time eventually passed and before long Dream Catcher, the foal who should have never had even the slightest chance was a yearling. So much work is done for now but what would lie ahead?

Dream Catcher was safe and life seemed normal but that wasn't the end of Shikoba's problems. Suddenly her father gave her crushing news. The crops they grew to fund the sanctuary had been destroyed. Someone didn't want that sanctuary there. Without any incoming cash they would have to sell the horses, the sanctuary and move. Shikoba would have to sell her precious horse. She could never let that happen but what could she do?

Part 2 coming soon!

2Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:55 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Part 2

Throughout the winter Shikoba and Dream Catcher continued to strengthen their bond. She began to train her beloved horse under a saddle. Dream Catcher was never going to be a wild horse and if they did have to sell her that training may help her get into a good home instead of the slaughter house. Shikoba would ride despite the could and even sneak out to train after curfew.

As the weather once again changed the sanctuary had to begin selling off their horses. It was unfortunate but unavoidable. First Digit was sold, then another horse and eventually even their mother. Eventually only Dream Catcher was left on the ranch.

Without other horses around Dream Catcher looked for some socialization in other places whether it was some quality time with Shikoba or with the barn cat Tiger. Never the less things were lonely for her and if things didn't get better soon she'd be next to walk into that trailer to go to auction.

Shikoba was running out of options to save her beloved horse. If something didn't happen soon she would have to sell her little miracle. As luck would have it she turned on the tv late one night to see something that could help them. Race season was about to begin but there was a problem. Racehorses were almost always thoroughbreds and Dream Catcher was an American Indian Horse. Would she even be able to race? Whether she could or not they began to train. They trained at home, on the track and even in the city streets although the local law enforcement didn't appreciate it.

The two trained and trained and trained for the races. Surprisingly they were accepted into the race. They would be racing with the thoroughbreds. Only a week before the races however another tragedy struck. During the night the smell of smoke drifted into the house. The barn was burning! Dream Catcher was in her stall and the fire was spreading. Not only that but the house is attached to the barn. If one goes up in flames so does the other. Someone has to act fast!

Stay tuned for part 3!

Last edited by TokalaMustang on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

3Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 am

Fiona Bren
Fiona Bren
Active Pooch

http://www.hiddenhillsstable.weebly.com

Omg I cant wait to see what happens! She can't let that little miracle be sold! That was so cute when Dream Catcher just waits at the gate for her...so adorable! They are a perfect pair. ❤

I wonder who would do that to their crops? That is so evil... I hope they find out who it was, and get some pay back or something. Did they keep Dream Catchers sister? Her sister is really pretty, too bad shes a brat!

4Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 am

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Part 3

With the fire in the barn rapidly spreading one of the ranch hands didn't delay in calling the fire department but Shikoba wasn't just going to sit back and wait for them to come and hopefully save her horse while she sat idly by. Instead she rushed into the blaze with a fire extinguisher hoping to at least make a safe path to get Dream Catcher and herself safely out.

Though not without an amount of panic and a couple lungs full of smoke there was enough safe ground to get out of there. Without a second thought the young woman flung the stall door open to release the panicked horse. Dream Catcher burst out of the burning stall and out of the barn. They would spend the next few days recovering from the slight injuries.

There wasn't much time to rest after their latest ordeal however. Race day was nearly here and it was time to load up the trailer and head to the track. Dream Catcher wasn't exactly enthusiastic about entering the small trailer.

When Shikoba arrived at the track's stable she was quick to get Dream Catcher into an open stall. She was almost shocked to see that not only was she one of the youngest jockeys but also the only woman. Nervousness easily took hold knowing that the race was merely a night's rest away. At least now was a good time to see what they were up against and try on her new black and sparkly silks.

While trying to kill time until the race Shikoba began to chat with another jockey. The only person near her age. A boy named Kevin. She had to admit she enjoyed his company and would love to spend more time with him later on.

Time seemed to fly and suddenly before anyone seemed to realize it it was race time. Without even bothering with the starting gate they were off! Dream Catcher was having a difficult time in her first race. She could never get away from the pack. It didn't fair well for the duo eventually ending in taking 4th place. No prize there....

Despite the loss Shikoba didn't loose hope. She still loved her horse and was determined to enter the next race. They would win next time. That she was sure of. When they got home she made sure to give Dream Catcher some extra love. Weeks passed and the next race rolled around. This time they had trained much more. There had been no fires or accidents to slow their progress. Shikoba felt they were ready. Without nearly as much of a fight as before Dream Catcher was loaded into the trailer for the trip to the track.

Once again no one bothered with the starting gate. They were off on the ride of their lives.

So who won the race? It wasn't hard to tell that this time Dream Catcher took first place. The joy of both horse and rider was obvious in the winner's circle along with the 2nd and 3rd place runners. Things were starting to look up.

Upon returning home there was more than just hugs and treats. Dream Catcher was going to be spoiled rotten with all kinds of yummy foods, hugs and praise.

Late that night however trouble was back. They may now have the money for the ranch but someone was still out there sabotaging their main income. Whoever was doing it was back but this time they weren't after crops. After hearing noise in the barn guard dog Ancha alerted anyone she could. Shikoba went running into the barn in hopes of stopping whatever was going on. Something had to be wrong for pit bull Ancha to wake her up in the middle of the night.

Last edited by TokalaMustang on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

5Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 am

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Part 4

Running into the barn Shikoba saw something shocking. Inside Dream Catcher's stall was one of the other jockey's from the last race. The man had come in last and wanted revenge. Ancha was quick to drive him out of the stall before any harm came to the frightened horse. Shikoba quickly called the police before getting into the fight as well. Once the police had arrived she let them take him away. It was later determined that this was also the man who had burned the crops but a motive was never discovered.

Once the man was in police custody Shikoba wasted no time comforting her pets then calling Kevin for comfort. They had only just met but they were already like the best of friends. Kevin promptly rushed to her home to comfort her and spend the rest of the night there just in case. It was already apparent that the friendship was turning into more than just a friendship.

Time passed and as Kevin and Shikoba grew older they spend more time in the sanctuary together. They graduated together, went to prom together and as they became young adults he moved in with her bringing his own horse with him. Kevin soon greeted Shikoba with a wonderful surprise. A marriage proposal.

The wedding was private. They had no big party or fancy wedding. Just the two of them. Who needs a big fancy wedding? Not Kevin and Shikoba. They had their small but wonderful wedding before another few surprises rolled in. There were about to be a lot more little ones running around the home. Not all just human but foals and puppies as well.

Pregnancy was a whole new ball game for the couple. Several nights Kevin had to get up in the middle of the night to find ridiculous foods for his wife. Pickles and ice cream, mint bubblegum and even sushi. Despite the odd cravings, mood swings and other small events they made it through it all before Shikoba gave birth to a healthy baby girl who was named Aponi.

Not long after there was a surprise in the barn as well. Dream Catcher had given birth soon after Shikoba. Another miracle had happened. A new set of twins but Dream Catcher didn't dare to abandon either foal. She chose to raise them both the way her own mother should have raised her. Ancha has not yet delivered her pups. However they are due soon.

Everything seemed to have calmed down now. No more crops burning. The sanctuary was saved and it was time to settle down and raise the kids. There seemed to be no more danger in sight. Finally things could return to somewhat of a sense of normal. Dream Catcher, the foal who should have never had a chance at life and the girl who refused to let her die had managed to save the ranch and start families. It was amazing what a girl and her horse could accomplish. Now they could live in peace.

Last edited by TokalaMustang on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

6Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 am

Fiona Bren
Fiona Bren
Active Pooch

Oh no! This is a real nailbiter! Great job so far, I love it!

7Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

http://springridgeacres.weebly.com

I like your story! I can't wait to read more! I hope nothing happens to Dream Catcher with that fire right outside her stall!

8Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 am

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Stay tuned to see an update in the lives of the sims featured in this story. Thank you everyone for the compliments!

9Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Fiona Bren
Fiona Bren
Active Pooch

Awwww How cute!!! Im glad they get to keep the farm! And Im so happy that Shikoba found love, and has a wonderful family now! And Dream Catcher too! Her foals are so gorgeous, especially the one on the right <3

10Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:26 am

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

http://delasrosasdeldesiertoranch.weebly.com/

This was a great read :D that was such a lovely ending too :D and puppies! let us know when they are born :D also will you be writing any more stories?

11Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 am

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

I'll be making more in the future. I have one last post to see how their lives had have been since the end. I plan to show the puppies when theyre born. Now if only I knew where the father of the puppies is. I don't know which dog got her pregnant!

12Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 am

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

I know the feeling - my game was being mean to me recently and for some reason it does not register the fathers of my babies xD so I have to write down which stallion/dog/tom is the dad because otherwise I would have no idea who is form whom xD that is actually what happened with my poor unis and it did them no good xD

13Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 am

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

I accidentally just pressed pollinate and I didn't get to choose who was the father. Well it's time for surprise puppies!

14Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 am

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

Oh xD well, that just makes me more anxious to see how they turn out :D

15Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

I'll see if I can get them born by tonight. I've got my game wih me down and she's been pregnant for a sim day or two already

16Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

Yay! :D you are a star :)

17Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Puppies! They were born just about 10 minutes ago.

18Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

Stop torturing me and post pictures! Pretty please *makes puppy face*

19Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

I'll get them up when I get home. Unfortunately the wifi in class blocks this site so I have to use my phone to get on. I'm sure you'd rather be able to see the puppies than a cell phone quality picture of a picture from a laptop lol.

20Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

Ok, fair enough xD I tend to forget that most of the people on these forums are not from Europe and so there is a time difference xD I shall wait impatiently then :D

21Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Lol I will be home I about 2 and a half hours so you won't have too long to wait.

22Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

http://springridgeacres.weebly.com

I liked the ending? Can't wait for you final post. I want to see them puppies!!

23Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

Where be the puppies?! o.O

I really hope they are here once I wake up in the morning xD

24Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

Stick around another 10 or so minutes and they'll be up. I'm just finishing my udpdate.

25Dream Catcher's Journey  Empty Re: Dream Catcher's Journey Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 pm

TokalaMustang
TokalaMustang

And now the update in the lives of those sims we came to love.

Shikoba and Kevin had a second daughter. Cecilia quickly took to the art world while their first daughter Aponi seems to have followed in her parent's footsteps and loves the horses.

Kevin is happy to be a father of two daughters and still loves caring for his horse and family.

Shikoba and Dream Catcher were able to retire from racing but still enjoy riding along the town's streets.

Tiger the barn cat has yet to catch the chipmunk who has been running in the barn the entire story. (the chipmunk is occasionally visible in the story.)

Ancha had a son and daughter of her own though the father is unknown.

And BONUS! Sometimes you don't realize just how small you are as a puppy.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum