Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!
Sims-Pets
Hello! If you are a member of the forum please log in below, if you are new well good news! Click the Register button below and fill out the registration form and join us!

x

Week 28-29 Game Rankings:
First place winners will earn an additional 100 Simoleons!
Guess The Word:
1. Crislee Souza
Caption Contest:
1. Crislee Souza
Crossword Puzzle:
1. Crisslee Souza

Updates
*Click Edit Profile and fill out the new Slots!
*As you can see we have a new layout! Do you like it?
*Make sure in your profile you check 'Yes' for HTML otherwise you wont beable to view announcements properly!

Total Post : 0 posts
Edit My Profile
Poll

Do you like the new layout?

Learning Difficulties Vote_lcap65%Learning Difficulties Vote_rcap 65% [ 13 ]
Learning Difficulties Vote_lcap5%Learning Difficulties Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Learning Difficulties Vote_lcap20%Learning Difficulties Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Learning Difficulties Vote_lcap10%Learning Difficulties Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Staff Listings
Administrators:
Game Center Annabelle Rhodes Custom Content Samantha Locke

Moderators:
Main Moderator AnnieOver Show Ring Mod. Bex Wall Open Slot The Sharing Corner Open Slot Open Slot
Latest topics
» Who are we?
Learning Difficulties EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 pm by TokalaMustang

» The Person Below Me (TPBM)
Learning Difficulties EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm by Samantha Locke

» Hi im new here
Learning Difficulties EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm by G.Taylor

» New role play site in progress
Learning Difficulties EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Good News Everyone!
Learning Difficulties EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm by TokalaMustang

» Christmassy Goodies from Sam!
Learning Difficulties EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:44 pm by Samantha Locke

» WRS Facebook Page
Learning Difficulties EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm by Nicole Anderson

» Hello, Nice to meet you :)
Learning Difficulties EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 am by Nicole Anderson

» Hello! I'm new here!
Learning Difficulties EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm by Gulliver the cat!

» ~Silverdale Stud Scrapbook~
Learning Difficulties EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm by Samantha Locke

» German Shepherd Puppies
Learning Difficulties EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by Samantha Locke

» Shades Cattery Kittens to good homes
Learning Difficulties EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm by AnnieOver

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 160 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm
Like Us on Facebook!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learning Difficulties Empty Learning Difficulties Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

http://delasrosasdeldesiertoranch.weebly.com/

So, it has been a while since I actually posted something that could possibly be considered interesting and definitely something to do with myself... I just thought that I will ask if anyone here has any learning difficulties? If you do not want to talk about it publicly or not at all then that is fine by me BUT I recently found out I am both dyslexic and dyspraxic and thought I might just write and ask whether anybody else has any learning difficulties at all :)

I am not ashamed of this (probably because I only found out about it about two or three weeks ago), to be fair I am far from ashamed - in a way I am proud. During my full dyslexia assessment I found out my IQ is in the top 2% of the whole British population and if that is not something to be proud of then I do not know what is. Either way my memory (both visual and auditory) is below average as compared to the whole UK population and that explains why regardless of always being perceived as smart by my teachers I never quite managed to get any exceptionally high grades in any exams... I have only been diagnosed recently which means I have gone through most of my education not knowing I am dyslexic and not getting any additional help. Well... I think that is enough about my learning difficulties!

Has anybody else got any related stories to tell? Any good tips for revision/studying/memory improvement? Please share anything and everything that you think is relevant :)

2Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

http://springridgeacres.weebly.com

I have no learning disability but I have BPD - Borderline Personality Disorder and I have stronger emotions then most people. xD not the same but whatever, life is still hard for me too.

I am proud of you for not being ashamed of being dyslexic, I do not think that is something to be ashamed of because now you can get help. You can still function normally and that is great. I also am proud that you could work through this for so long and still have such a high IQ. I commend you! :D

3Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

I knew I was forgetting something! I was also meant to say that the high IQ thing is fairly common in dyslexics and is actually thought to be the root of dyslexia. To be more exact dyslexia stems from the inequality between ones innate abilities and learnt abilities, which in turn stems from poor memory most of the time, either way it frustrates the brain and the typical dyslexia symptoms occur...

And I can see how that would make life more difficult Annabelle... I am quite emotional myself so I know the quirks of being sensitive and stuff but if you have more emotions than an average human then that must be difficult...

And thank you :) but the IQ is none of my own achievement :P I believe we are pretty much born with a certain IQ level, are we not? Pardon me if this is complete BS but I am tired... Really tired xD

4Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:32 pm

AnnieOver
AnnieOver
Animal Master

http://sugarslegacystables.com

I am me. I do not care what anyone else says, thinks, and/or diagnoses me with. My I.Q is high however that comes with wisdom. You are you. Forget what head shrinks, and others think, and/or say. It is what it is, and you are who you are. If you want to run around with scissors in a tutu singing, "I'm a little teapot", then you go ahead!

5Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 am

Samantha Locke
Samantha Locke
Queen Of The Jungle

I swear Annie you are one in a kind! In a good way though :D I normally do not care much what others think of me and in no way does the diagnosis make me a different person - I have always been myself and I like it that way!

All I hope to get from this is some tips for revision/learning because it truly is a nightmare at the moment... Only thing that got me through all the education so far was that I remember things well as long as they are well taught/explained to me which meant I remembered stuff from lessons...

But now that I am at uni it no longer works that way unfortunately so I thought I will ask if anyone has any similar problems and good ways of dealing with them :D

6Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 am

AnnieOver
AnnieOver
Animal Master

Oh well then using pictures to define, and remember something helps. Um try a song, a colour to memorize and relate to whatever it is you are doing. You love cats, so try implementing cats with your curriculum? I have a short attention span, and its really a pain to get me to focus lol. I use these techniques all the time and it helps =) classical music is also the best for studying!

7Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Bex Wall
Bex Wall
Kitty Cuddler

Dyslexic and Autistic. Yup, that's a great mix right? >.< I must admit, I'm not ashamed of either, but the Autism gets rather annoying when you want to make friends ;-;

8Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:24 pm

AnnieOver
AnnieOver
Animal Master

why is it difficult to make friends? Sorry I am nosey =(

9Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Annabelle Rhodes
Annabelle Rhodes
Tiger Chaser

http://springridgeacres.weebly.com

AnnieOver wrote:why is it difficult to make friends? Sorry I am nosey =(

A lot of kids/people with autism have trouble making friends because they do not have the same communication skills as people with out. Some are often so smart they are on a completely different level then kids their own age, some don't have a filter when they talk, some can't control their emotions, etc. it varies with the case since there are so many types of Autism.

10Learning Difficulties Empty Re: Learning Difficulties Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:06 am

AnnieOver
AnnieOver
Animal Master

Oh I see. Well this forum is the place to be because from everyone I have met here thus far, are absolutely wonderful =)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum